The Banqueting House shop
Monday – Sunday: 10.00-17.00, the last ticket is 45 minutes before closing time.
The Banqueting House may close at short notice for functions, so you may wish to call ahead to check that we're open.
Situated on the stairwell leading to the state room and its magnificent ceiling, the Banqueting House shop offers an array of London gifts, guidebooks and postcards.
You don’t need a ticket to visit the Banqueting House shop
Information about 'Getting here'
Visit our other palace shops:
Reclaim the UK Value Added Tax (VAT) you pay on your purchases if you’re visiting from outside the EU.
As an overseas visitor you are entitled to claim back the tax (VAT) you pay on any purchases you make at a Historic Royal Palaces shop. To qualify for the refund there is a minimum spend of £50.00. Global Blue, the world’s leading tax refund company, gives you an easy and safe way to do this.
Obtain your refund in three easy steps:
1. Ask for a form while shopping at a Historic Royal Palaces shop
While you’re shopping ask any member of the Historic Royal Palaces retail team for a ‘Global Blue’ claim form. They’ll be happy to advise you.
2. Have your refund form stamped by EU Customs officials
Show your purchases, receipts and passport to Customs officials as you leave the European Union and have your Global Blue form stamped. Customs officials are well informed of the Global Blue system.
3. Claim your refund, there are several ways:
- Cash refund: Global Blue offices in London (Knightsbridge, Regent Street, Oxford Street), Edinburgh and U.K. airports can provide you with immediate cash refunds.
- Direct crediting of chosen credit card or UK bank account.
- Bank cheque sent to a chosen address.
- The VAT rate in the UK is 20%.
- Minimum purchase in Historic Royal Palaces shops to qualify for a refund is £50.00.
- Your refund amount is the VAT less an administration fee. A small administration fee will be deducted from your refund.
- Your Global Blue form must be stamped by Customs officials at departure from the EU within three months from the end of the month in which you purchased your goods.