Due diligence and immunity from seizure
Immunity from Seizure
Works of art intended to form part of a forthcoming exhibition at Historic Royal Palaces that may be covered by immunity from seizure are listed on this page.
Provenance information has been published, requesting immunity from seizure for objects in the following exhibitions:
Enlightened Princesses: Caroline, Augusta, Charlotte and the Shaping of the Modern World
Kensington Palace, 22 June to 12 November 2017
Part 6 of the Tribunals, Courts and Enforcement Act 2007 provides immunity from seizure for cultural objects which are loaned from overseas to temporary public exhibitions in approved museums or galleries in the UK where conditions are met when the object enters the UK.
The conditions are:
- The object is usually kept outside the UK
- The object is not owned by a person who is resident in UK
- Importing the object does not contravene any law
- The object is brought into UK for the purpose of a temporary public exhibition at an approved museum or gallery
- The museum or gallery has published information about the object.
If you have any further enquiries, please write to:
Historic Royal Palaces
Hampton Court Palace
East Molesey Surrey, KT8 9AU