Learn more about how to interview successfully
Why do we interview candidates?
- To gain as much information as possible from each other
- To find out if you are the right fit
- To give you the opportunity to ask questions about the role and the organisation
What type of interviews do we undertake?
- Telephone interviews
- Group interviews
- One to one interviews
Please consider the following points before you come for an interview:
- Ask yourself: 'Why am I applying for the role?'
- Map out your skills and achievements
- Study the job profile - how can you demonstrate that you meet the job requirements?
- Research the organisation using the website, news articles, etc
How to make a great impression
- Research the organisation and the profile of the role
- Take along a copy of your CV and application
- Ensure you arrive in plenty of time
- Dress appropriately
- Maintain eye contact during the interview
- Think about your body language
- Turn off your mobile phone
- Be concise in your responses but be prepared to give further information when asked
- Answer the question - do not stray off the point or waffle
- Use positive language and do not complain about your current employer
- Show enthusiasm and interest
- Speak clearly
- Do not be too familiar or informal
- Speak to all the interviewers, not just the one that asked the question
- Prepare relevant questions - but not about time off or money
- Always smile and be yourself!