Opening times and upcoming closures
Monday-Sunday 10.00-17.00 (last admission at 16.30)
Closed 24-26 December and 1 January
Please note, Banqueting House is guaranteed to open from 10.00 until 13.00 Monday to Sunday, but we often close in the afternoon at short notice for functions and events. Please do check our closures below or by calling 020 3166 6155/6154/6152.
Wednesday 22nd February - last ticket at 15.15 - building closes at 15.00
Thursday 23rd February - last ticket at 12.15 - building closes at 13.00
Thursday 2nd March - last ticket at 12.15 - building closes at 13.00
Tuesday 7th March - last ticket at 14.15 - building closes at 15.00
Thursday 9th March - last ticket at 15.15 - building closes at 16.00
Monday 13th March - last ticket at 12.15 - building closes at 13.00
Thursday 21st March - last ticket at 14.45 - building closes at 15.30
Wednesday 22nd March - last ticket at 12.15 - building closes at 13.00
Thursday 23rd March - last ticket at 12.15 - building closes at 13.00
Wednesday 29th March - last ticket at 14.00 - building closes at 14.30
Please note that on the 20th February we will have a dress rehearsal for our evening event- Long Live Queen James- taking place in the Main Hall. This will be between 13.00-17.00. Banqueting House will be open during this time. However, we would like to take this opportunity to warn visitors that there may be some disruption to your visit and that the content of the dress rehearsal will be very mature and may be not be appropriate for all visitors. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Before visiting, to ensure that the Banqueting House will be open, please call 020 3166 6155/6154/6152
Health and safety advice
- Our palaces are very old and have many uneven surfaces, for example cobbles, worn steps, uneven steps and slopes. Please choose footwear that is comfortable and appropriate for the conditions.
- Some surfaces may be slippery, particularly if they are wet from rain.
- Light levels can be low in some places, so please allow sufficient time for your eyes to adjust, particularly when using stairs.
- In some of our gardens we have steep slopes and drops from height, so please be aware of these, especially if you have children with you.
- Where water features are present, please ensure children are supervised at all times.
- Look out for our safety signs and follow the advice given to avoid spoiling your day.