How to book
Booking in 3 easy steps
When would you like to visit?
Please select a first and second choice dates. Be aware that dates willsell out a long time in advance - please book early as possible.
How many students and adults will be in your party?
Minimum adult to student ratios:
Age 6 yrs (KS1) and under: 1:5
Age 7 (KS2) to 16 yrs: 1:10
Teachers and adults fulfilling these ratios are admitted free of charge, as well as adults needed for 1:1 assistance. Additional adults will be charged the standard group rate which is currently £14.31 per adult.
Would you like to book an education session?
Our sessions can accommodate up to 35 students. Please choose your preferred sessions from the information on our sessions for schools pages. Note that sessions are not always available in the first and last weeks of term.
Does your group have any special requirements?
Please let us know prior to your visit of any special needs that your group may have. This will make it easier to accomodate your needs.
Download and fill in a booking request form* and email it to the learning team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Don't forget to include your school details, preferred dates, and number of students and adults!
Further enquiries? Please ring 020 3166 6646 for more information.
Schools booking request form (.docx, 45KB) >
* Please note we have a brand new bookings system and we can only accept bookings using the booking form for 2016/2017 visits.
After receiving your booking request, we will confirm that we have made a booking for you by emailing you an invoice, which must be paid in advance of your visit date and according to our payment terms (please see below). You will also receive our pack of 'Essential Information for your Visit' which includes details to assist you with your planning, risk assessments and a voucher for preliminary visit tickets.
Please note that we cannot amend the booking numbers after payment has been made. Any extra tickets must be purchased on the day at the standard group rate.
Our preferred method of payment is by BACS. Please contact email@example.com to make arrangements.
Cheques should be drawn on a British bank and made payable to ‘Historic Royal Palaces’. Cheques should be sent to our Finance Department at Hampton Court Palace.
Please send your payment to:
Hampton Court Palace
Surrey KT8 9AU
Contact us on +44 (0) 20 3166 6646 to make a payment. Please have ready your event and invoice reference number, name of cardholder as it appears on the card, card number, security code and expiry date.
Alternatively fax your details to the Operations team at Hampton Court Palace, +44 (0) 20 3166 6655
Refunds and cancellations
We regret that no refunds can be given for cancellations made less than six weeks in advance of your visit, nor for tickets purchased in advance that are not used on the day.
If a cancellation has to be made due to exceptional circumstances, every effort will be made to reschedule your visit.
Your invoice will be emailed to you on the day that your booking is made. Please ensure that your finance team have received this and are aware of the payment terms detailed on your invoice and when it is to be paid by.
Your deadline for cancelling or amending your booking is 42 days (6 weeks) prior to your visit. If you need to make any amendments to your booking or need to cancel for any reason you must let us know before this date. If you inform us of a cancellation after this date you will still be charged for your visit as per your invoice.
- If you need to add extra pupils please let us know before your amendment deadline date, as mentioned above. Amendments after this date may result in you being charged the general group admission rate.
- If you need to reduce the number of people on your booking you must let us know prior to your 6 week amendment deadline date. If you let us know after this deadline you will still be charged for the full invoice as per the numbers you originally provided us with.
If you are late on the day of your visit
- If you have booked an educational workshop/session: Due to the number of sessions presenters deliver during the day please be aware that if you are between 15 and 30 minutes late you will receive a shortened session. Groups who are more than 30 minutes late will forfeit their session.
- If you are booked for an admission only, self-guided visit: You must arrive at the palace prior to 15.00pm. We do not do timed admission so you can arrive at any point before 15.00pm on the date of your visit. If you will arrive after this time you must call us on 0203 166 6646 to confirm your estimated time of arrival. We will then discuss your options with you. Unfortunately if you arrive after 15.00pm we cannot guarantee you entry to the site, and you may forfeit your tickets, without a refund.
- Please note we cannot give refunds for late cancellations or non-arrivals.