- Check list of what to do on the day of your visit
- Bags and coats
- Lunch rooms
- Lost property
You will need to bring your confirmation letter with you on the day
- Enter Kensington Palace via the main visitor entrance. A map is available to download below.
- Bring your group into the Group Entrance, directly to your left when entering the palace.
- If a member of the Learning Team is not in the Group Entrance when you arrive students should remain in the Group Entrance (with supervising adults) while the teacher/ group leader takes their confirmation letter to the Welcome Team in White Court. A member of the Learning Team or Welcome Team will then meet you to sign in your group.
- You will be given learning admission wristbands for students and teachers according to the info on the confirmation letters. These will be your tickets for the day.
- Groups can leave coats and bags in the wardrobe facilities in the Group Entrance. You will be given a key when you sign in.
- If you have a lunch room booked you will be given a swipe card and directions also when you sign in.
- A member of the Learning Team will show you how to access the main visitor routes or the meeting point for your taught session if you have booked one.
The main toilets for education groups to use are situated on the ground floor, off the vestibule and past the ticket barrier. A small number of toilets are situated in the Clore Learning Centre for use during taught sessions. There are also a number of toilets by the cafe.
There are large wardrobes for learning groups' bags and coats in the Group Entrance. Groups can place students' items in these wardrobes and lock them with the keys provided during the sign in process.
If you require a lunchroom you must pre-book a slot from 11.30 – 13.30 when booking your visit with our bookings team. The lunchroom will be accessed by swipe card, given togroup leaders as part of the sign in process. Teachers should return swipe cards to the Welcome Team in White Court after lunch.
Picknicking is allowed in all parts of the palace gardens except for the wild flower meadow near the golden gates. Bins are located near the palace cafe.
Lost property is handed in to the Reception Office, located next to the Group Entrance. If you lose something when you're in the palace please contact one of the Front of House team and ask them to help. If a loss is noticed afterwards, please call the Learning Team's Site Facilitator on 020 3166 6639.