How to find us
Kew Palace is located within the grounds of the Royal Botanical Gardens Kew. Entry to Kew Palace is included in the admission price for Kew Gardens.
Kew Palace's 2016 season begins 24 March 2016.
By London Underground
Nearest Station: Use the District Line to Kew Gardens station (take the Richmond train). The Royal Botanic Gardens Kew is a 5-minute walk from the station. Exit through the parade of shops and follow the directional signage to the Gardens.
The London Overground service from Stratford also stops at Kew Gardens station.
Take South West Trains to Kew Bridge station or Silverlink Train Services to Kew Gardens station. The Royal Botanic Gardens Kew is a 10-minute walk from Kew Bridge station. Cross over the bridge and the gardens are located ahead on the right-hand side. From Kew Gardens station, see above.
Visit National Rail for more information on rail journeys.
Rail or Tube travellers from central London who have mobility difficulties will find it easiest to go first to Richmond Station then change to a train or Tube going back to Kew Gardens; by doing this they can avoid the stairs at Kew Gardens Station.
Bus routes: 65, 237, 267 (summer Sundays only) and 391.
Bicycle racks are located just inside the Victoria Gate and outside Elizabeth Gate (near the phone box) at Kew Gardens, and they may also be fastened to railings in Brentford Gate car park. Bicycles, like cars, are always left at owner's risk, and are not permitted in the Gardens.
Riverboats run in the summer from Westminster, Richmond upon Thames and Kingston upon Thames, directly to the Gardens.
For information on services from Westminster, contact Westminster Passenger Services +44 (0)20 7930 2062.
For information on services from Richmond and Kingston, contact Turks Launches on +44 (0)20 8546 2434.
By car or coach
Kew Gardens' postal address is Kew, Richmond, Surrey, TW9 3AB. The Royal Botanic Gardens Kew is located on Kew Road just over Kew Bridge and is well signposted from all the major local roads.
The South Circular (A205) passes the north-east corner of Kew Gardens while Kew Road (A307) forms the eastern border.
From the west:
- Take the M4 (exit at Junction 2) or A4
- Upon reaching the Chiswick roundabout, follow signs to Kew Gardens to join the A205 and cross the River Thames at Kew Bridge
- Immediately after the bridge, turn right into Kew Green and park on the roadside in a permitted place or head into our car park accessed via Ferry Lane on the river side of Kew Green.
- After 300 metres turn right down Ferry Lane to reach the Kew Gardens car park
From north London:
- Follow the North Circular until you reach the Chiswick roundabout, then follow directions as above
From the south or west:
- Proceed on the A316 or M3 motorway (which becomes the A316)
- Turn left at the Richmond roundabout onto Kew Road (A307)
- You will see the Pagoda and flagpole to your left. Park in a permitted place alongside the Gardens on Kew Road
- To reach the car park (TW9 3AF), continue along Kew Road and upon reaching Kew Green turn left and follow the signs
From the South Circular Road:
- Follow the South Circular Road past Kew Retail Park and go under a railway bridge
- At the next traffic light junction, go slowly through the junction and immediately turn left into Kew Green (NOT back left onto the A307 - it is a 'no left turn' junction!)
- If you miss the turnings or parking is difficult, continue to the next traffic lights on the A205 and fork right onto the A307 - then park (from about 500m onwards, after 10 am) on the right-hand side of the road.
Parking for cars
There is a car park near the Brentford Gate, reached via Ferry Lane off Kew Green near the Main Gate. Parking is limited to 300 cars and is at a cost of £7.00 for a full day throughout the year. The car park closes half an hour after the Gardens close so is only suitable for day visitors.
Several dedicated parking bays are available for disabled drivers, for whom parking is free at all times. There are three further disabled parking bays adjacent to Main Gate on Kew Green.
Free parking is available on Kew Road (A307) after 10.00 every morning. This provides easy access to the principal entrance at Victoria Gate. Please bear in mind that this can get congested at peak times, so it may be easier to come via public transport.
There is limited parking along the section of Kew Road between Victoria Gate and Lion Gate after 10am.
Please note that restrictions apply on many of the residential streets around Kew.
Parking for coaches
Coaches are advised to arrive at Victoria Gate and park on Kew Road (A307). Coaches are not allowed to park around Kew Green.
Travelling in London
Some files are provided in PDF format - you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view these files.