Historic Royal Palaces offers a broad choice of inspiring school visits across all Key Stages.
Our schools programmes have been designed with teacher input to align to new National Curriculum requirements. Find out how our programmes and sessions can support your teaching.
Sessions for schools
Select the palace you want to visit and choose the right session for your group.
Hampton Court Palace
To book your school's visit, please visit our Hampton Court Palace booking information page.
Tower of London
To book your school's visit, please visit our Tower of London booking information page.
Experience royal drama and splendour at the Banqueting House
To book your school's visit, please visit our Banqueting House booking information page.
To book your school's visit, please visit our Kensington Palace booking information page.
Our learning programmes support your teaching by providing:
- immersion in the palaces and their surroundings
- historic characters brought to life through costumed interpretation
- rich and varied opportunities for pupils to interrogate historic evidence
- engaging stories told in the places where they really happened.
Each palace has a choice of sessions which can be included in a visit. Session contents are:
- closely aligned with curriculum requirements at all Key Stages
- developed with teacher input and refined through teacher feedback
- piloted and tested with school groups prior to introduction
- closely tailored to meet the requirements of exam board specifications
- supported by imaginative, relevant resources for use pre, during and post-visit, all free and available for you to download.
Kings and Queens: 1,000 years of Britsh Royal history
Support your visit with this app from the Royal Collection Trust, which tells the story of the British monarchy from 1066 to today through animated digital portraits.