Historic Royal Palaces press releases and archives
- 13 March 2017 - Statement: Orangery Yard project at Kensington Palace
- 2 March 2017 - What’s happening at Historic Royal Palaces, April - June 2017?
- 30 January 2016 - Palace Pride: Historic Royal Palaces explores LGBT+ stories from the royal bedchamber
- 20 December 2016 - What’s happening at Historic Royal Palaces, January - March 2017?
- 16 December 2016 - John Barnes appointed Chief Executive of Historic Royal Palaces
- 19 September 2016 - What’s happening at Historic Royal Palaces this festive period?
- 31 August 2016 - Chief Executive Michael Day CVO announces retirement
- 25 August 2016 - What’s happening at Historic Royal Palaces, October - November 2016?
- 1 August 2016 - Ajay Chowdhury appointed as Trustee of Historic Royal Palaces
- 16 June 2016 - New course explores the rich history of royal food and feasting … and it’s free to join!
- 16 May 2016 - Sunday best: Altar Cloth or Elizabeth I’s dress?
- 13 April 2016 - Zeinab Badawi appointed as Trustee of Historic Royal Palaces
- 15 March 2016 - Carole Souter CBE appointed as Trustee of Historic Royal Palaces
- 14 March 2016 - Historic Royal Palaces celebrates National Apprenticeship week
- 17 August 2015 - Historic Royal Palaces awarded Independent Research Organisation status
- 1 May 2015 - Double win for Historic Royal Palaces at the Museums and Heritage Awards 2015
- 25 March 2015 - Professor Sir David Cannadine and Jane Kennedy appointed as Trustees of Historic Royal Palaces
- 21 January 2015 - Rupert Gavin appointed Chairman of Historic Royal Palaces
- 8 December 2014 - Tudors go on tour to Tatton Park
- 18 June 2014 - Unseen palace pictures go online for first time
- 23 May 2014 - Kids in Museums expansion announced at Historic Royal Palaces' 'Tudors at the Tower' family festival
- 20 February 2014 - Discover the 'Glorious Georges' at Historic Royal Palaces in 2014
- 1 November 2013 - Historic Royal Palaces announces new Chairman of Campaign Board
- 1 July 2013 - Louise Wilson, appointed as a Trustee of Historic Royal Palaces
- 1 April 2013 - Fit to Rule: Explore the Health of Past Monarchs with Historic Royal Palaces
- 1 February 2013 - Historic Royal Palaces celebrates 100 years of conservation with Grayson Perry
Download images of the Tower of London, Hampton Court Palace, Banqueting House, Kensington Palace, Kew Palace and Hillsborough Castle, as well as pictures of events, exhibitions, projects and staff from our image library. Images are free of charge for non-commercial, editorial use.
Read about Historic Royal Palaces' public programme, exhibitions and plans for the next year in our media guide.
Media representatives can get complimentary tickets to the palaces to help with their research by applying for a media pass. Applications for media passes must be made and approved in advance of arrival.
Historic Royal Palaces looks after a huge amount of filming on site at our palaces, from historical documentaries to blockbuster films. If you are interested in filming at one of the palaces please read our guidelines and fill in an application form for your filming and photography.
Register for news alerts
Be one of the first to hear the latest news and press releases from Historic Royal Palaces, sign up for our regular news alerts.
Historic Royal Palaces is the independent charity that looks after the Tower of London, Hampton Court Palace, the Banqueting House, Kensington Palace, Kew Palace and Hillsborough Castle. We help everyone explore the story of how monarchs and people have shaped society, in some of the greatest palaces ever built.
We raise all our own funds and depend on the support of our visitors, members, donors, volunteers and sponsors. These palaces are owned by The Queen on behalf of the nation, and we manage them for the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport.
We believe in four principles. Guardianship: giving these palaces a future as long and valuable as their past. Discovery: encouraging people to make links with their own lives and today’s world. Showmanship: doing everything with panache. Independence: having our own point of view and finding new ways to do our work. www.hrp.org.uk
Registered charity number 1068852
Press releases, fact sheets and press kits are available for each of our palaces, chose from the below to see more: