Tower of London press releases and archives
- 30 April 2016 - Tudors at the Tower – Anne Boleyn and Henry VIII return to the Tower of London
- 23 March 2016 - Tower of London welcomes new 'Beefeater' YW Lawrence Watts
- 7 March 2016 - General Sir Nicholas Houghton announced as next Constable of the Tower of London
- 4 February 2016 - Drawn at the Tower of London
- 20 October 2015 -Tower of London wards off evil spirits with discovery of Britain’s largest collection of ‘witchmarks’
- 7 October 2015 - NIGHTWATCHERS
- 10 September 2015 - RAF Wings to Tudor uniform: the Tower of London welcomes new recruit
- 9 September 2015 - Tower of London welcomes new ‘Beefeater’ Gary Thynne
- 9 September 2015 - HNLMS Johan de Witt to participate in Constable’s Dues ceremony at the Tower of London
- 19 June 2015 - Tudors return to Tower of London
- 25 April 2015 - Tower of London announced as finalist for Art Fund Prize for Museum of the Year 2015
- 8 November 2014 - Tower poppy artwork to tour the UK
- 16 October 2014 - Her Majesty The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh visit the Tower of London
- 5 August 2014 - The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry visit the Tower of London's art installation marking the centenary of the First World War
- 17 July 2014 - Tower of London’s longest serving Yeoman Warder plants first poppy in major centenary commemoration
- 7 July 2014 - King’s Royal Hussar to take up the Tudor ruffle
- 19 June 2014 - Constable’s Dues ceremony to mark Royal Marines’ 350th anniversary
- 30 May 2014 - Local children take part in 'Beating of the Bounds' ceremony
- 14 May 2014 - German naval ship to take part in Constable's Dues ceremony
- 7 May 2014 - Tower of London announces charity partners for First World War centenary collaboration
- 2 April 2014 - The Tower of London unveils new working drawbridge
- 6 February 2014 - Tower of London marks centenary of the First World War
- 1 October 2013 - The Secrets of Success: Women in Power
- 13 July 2013 - Line of Kings undergoes transformation
- 9 February 2013 - Royal Marine is newest recruit at Tower of London
- 1 February 2013 - Coins and Kings: the Royal Mint at the Tower
Download images of the Tower of London, as well as pictures of events, exhibitions, projects and staff from our image library. Images are free of charge for non-commercial, editorial use.
Read about Historic Royal Palaces' public programme, exhibitions and plans for the coming year in our media guide.
Media representatives can get complimentary tickets to the Tower of London to help with their research by applying for a media pass. Applications for media passes must be made and approved in advance of arrival.
Historic Royal Palaces looks after a huge amount of filming on site at our palaces, from historical documentaries to blockbuster films. If you are interested in filming at the Tower of London please read our guidelines and fill in an application form for your filming and photography.
Register for news alerts
Be one of the first to hear the latest news and press releases from Historic Royal Palaces, sign up for our regular news alerts.
Notes to editors
Historic Royal Palaces is the independent charity that looks after the Tower of London, Hampton Court Palace, the Banqueting House, Kensington Palace, Kew Palace and Hillsborough Castle. We help everyone explore the story of how monarchs and people have shaped society, in some of the greatest palaces ever built.
We raise all our own funds and depend on the support of our visitors, members, donors, volunteers and sponsors. These palaces are owned by The Queen on behalf of the nation, and we manage them for the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport.
We believe in four principles. Guardianship: giving these palaces a future as long and valuable as their past. Discovery: encouraging people to make links with their own lives and today’s world. Showmanship: doing everything with panache. Independence: having our own point of view and finding new ways to do our work. www.hrp.org.uk
Registered charity number 1068852
(Factsheets open in a new window as a PDF)
Ceremony of the keys
Executions at the Tower
Great Escapes from the Tower of London
Gunpower plot conspirators
Lady Jane Grey
Prisoners tortured - background info
Shakespeare and Tower of London
The Royal Menagerie
The Tower in 20th Century
The White Tower
Torture instruments - background info
Tower of London and torture