Why see the ravens?
- Legend says that the kingdom and the Tower will fall if the six resident ravens ever leave the fortress!
How many ravens are there at the Tower?
- There are seven ravens at the Tower today (the required six plus one spare!)
Where do the ravens live?
- The ravens live next to the Wakefield Tower.
Are ravens dangerous?
- These magnificent birds, large members of the crow family, respond only to the Ravenmaster and should not be approached too closely by anyone else.
- Please don’t try to feed the ravens. They can bite if they feel their territory is being threatened.
What do the ravens eat?
- The ravens eat 170g of raw meat a day, plus bird biscuits soaked in blood.
Have any of the ravens ever gone missing from the Tower?
- Despite their having one wing trimmed, some ravens do in fact go absent without leave and others have had to be sacked.
- Raven George was dismissed for eating television aerials and Raven Grog was last seen outside an East End pub!