As an overseas visitor you are entitled to claim back the tax (VAT) you pay on any purchases you make at a Historic Royal Palaces shop. To qualify for the refund there is a minimum spend of £30.00. Global Blue, the world’s leading tax refund company, gives you an easy and safe way to do this.
Obtain your refund in three easy steps:
1. Ask for a form while shopping at a Historic Royal Palaces shop
- While you’re shopping ask any member of the Historic Royal Palaces retail team for a ‘Global Blue’ claim form. They’ll be happy to advise you.
2. Have your refund form stamped by EU Customs officials
- Show your purchases, receipts and passport to Customs officials as you leave the European Union and have your Global Blue form stamped. Customs officials are well informed of the Global Blue system.
3. Claim your refund, there are several ways:
- Cash refund: Global Blue offices in London (Knightsbridge, Regent Street, Oxford Street), Edinburgh and U.K. airports can provide you with immediate cash refunds.
- Direct crediting of chosen credit card or UK bank account.
- Bank cheque sent to a chosen address.