The People's Revolt
Do you have what it takes to make history?
The gates to the Tower of London are locked; those inside must answer to us all. Their wealth is our austerity, our poverty and tax. But they are few and we are many. We brought this revolt to their door and I ask you now: Do you have what it takes to make history?
The People’s Revolt is an immersive, interactive experience from ground-breaking theatre company differencEngine in collaboration with Historic Royal Palaces.
Set in the near future, events mirror those of the Peasants' Revolt of 1381 led by revolutionary Wat Tyler, when people’s protest turned to violent revolt over taxes, austerity and unstable leadership.
Experience what it’s like to be at the centre of a critical moment in this nation's past, live the build-up through digital storytelling then let the lines between history and reality blur as you storm the Tower and decide the fate of the nation.
(this will redirect you to Eventbrite.com)
Tickets: Full Price: £25.50
Concessions: £23.00 (HRP members, Students, Tower Hamlet Residents, Unwaged)
Times: 18.00, 18.30, 19.00, 19.25, 19.50
Dates: 6, 7, 8, 10, 11 , 13, 14, 15, 17, 18 March 2017
differencEngine are an Off West End nominated company specialising in immersive & interactive theatre. Central to the company’s ethos is creating theatre that immerses a participant into a world where they are both protagonist & hero whilst exploring the boundaries of technology in performance.
- The event begins near to Tower Hill station, and NOT the main entrances of the Tower of London. The exact location will be sent to you via email a few days prior to the event.
- This event is outside for the majority of the time so please dress appropriately.
- Wear appropriate footwear for outside areas, including pavements, grass and cobbles.
- You will need a mobile phone for the evening, to receive and send text messages and phones calls.
- This event does not include access to the Crown Jewels or any of the main Towers.
This event involves using steps around the historic site and is, unfortunately, therefore not suitable for wheelchair users or people with limited mobility. If you have any questions or particular access requirements, please notify us in advance on +44 (0)20 3166 6646 or email@example.com.