Heritage and SEND at Hampton Court Palace
This fantastic CPD opportunity is suitable for all Primary and Secondary SEND teachers working in Special schools or units wishing to find out more about how heritage sites can support arts-based learning experiences for pupils with a wide range of learning difficulties.
Run jointly by Historic Royal Palaces and Arts Award, this event will focus on how teachers can plan and deliver a self-guided visit to a heritage site. Using the inspirational Hampton Court Palace as a case study, delegates will visit the palace and learn essential tools and techniques for bringing the palace, and other heritage settings, to life for their pupils. They will also find out about how Arts Award can support immersive and meaningful learning experiences.
· Learn how to access arts within a heritage setting;
· Experience a visit to a site from the perspective of SEND pupils;
· Receive practical tools, advice and inspiration for planning and leading self-guided visits;
· Find out how to integrate a visit into your Arts Award programme;
· Enjoy the opportunity to network with colleagues;
· Join the HRP Teachers network
Hampton Court Palace
Thursday 22 February 2018
Free to teachers
(Please note that we accept up to 3 attending from the same school)