Volunteers needed to help provide a warm welcome to all visitors to Hillsborough Castle
Are you friendly, enthusiastic and interested in gaining experience in a heritage environment?
Do you have a passion for history and for customer service?
Are you available from July 2018?
Are you interested in volunteering (including weekends and Bank Holidays)?
Your duties will include:
- Providing details about the organisation and the facilities of the palace
- Supporting the charitable needs of the organisation by providing information about members, fundraising and volunteers
- Having a thorough understanding about the layout of Hillsborough Castle and location of facilities
- Having an awareness of emergency procedures, e.g. how to call a first aider, evacuation procedures, fire exits and to assist the staff as appropriate
- Being aware of and promoting special events and activities
- Providing active help for the visitor, e.g. supporting visitors who are disabled and guiding wheelchair users
- Supporting and actively promoting family learning activities as requested
Volunteer roles are flexible and ideally you will be available on a regular basis, once a week or once a fortnight
Tuesday, 24 April 2018