Schools' onsite events
To mark the 25th anniversary of the Good Friday Agreement, Hillsborough Castle and Gardens is hosting two days of onsite activity for schools, on Thursday 20 and Friday 21 April 2023.
Thursday 20 April 2023
Will be invited to take part in a ‘Question Time’ panel titled, Peace by Piece: Reflecting on the Good Friday Agreement 25 years on. The panel will be made up of individuals with first-hand experience of the role Hillsborough Castle played in the talks leading up to the Good Friday Agreement. In the afternoon, pupils will have the opportunity to look forward, and with support from a spoken word facilitator and poet, explore how they think Northern Ireland will evolve over the next 25 years and envisage their place within it.
• Question Time Panel: “Peace by Piece: Reflecting on the Good Friday Agreement 25 years on.”
• Facilitated spoken word workshop.
• Short tour of Hillsborough Castle’s State Rooms.
• Travel bursaries up to £500, to help with cost of travel to Hillsborough Castle and Gardens.
Friday 21 April 2023
Key stage two pupils
Will be able to uncover the role of Hillsborough Castle’s gardens as a place of respite and relaxation by taking part in wellbeing in nature workshops and outdoor activities designed to facilitate teamwork and co-operation.
• Wellbeing in nature workshop.
• Outdoor team-building activities.
• Travel bursaries up to £500 to help with cost of travel to Hillsborough Castle and Gardens.
Thursday 20 April 2023: Secondary pupils only
Friday 21 April 2023: Key stage 2 pupils only
To book your place, please submit an email below containing the following information:
Contact name, email address & phone number
Number of pupils
Date of attendance [Either Thursday 20 or Friday 21 April 2023]
Spaces will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. Schools may book for a maximum of up to 32 pupils/one class only, to enable as many schools as possible to attend.
We will confirm your place via email. Please book early to avoid disappointment.