Key Stage 1 | Subject: History, English (spoken language) | Topic: Victorians | Session Type: Classroom-based
What would a princess eat for breakfast? How did Victorians make moving images? Get your hands on history and discover similarities and differences between children's lives now and in the past by investigating Victorian food and toys.
Led by a costumed presenter, children will delight in discovering one of Princess Victoria’s tea parties. By examining the food, household objects and toys they will uncover how Victorian’s lives differed from our own.
• Examine toys to understand how objects can tell us about people’s lives in the past.
• Describe the characteristics of old and new objects.
• Contrast Victorian life with the present.
National Curriculum Links
This session supports:
• Identifying similarities and differences between ways of life in different periods.
• Understanding some of the ways in which we find out about the past and identify different ways in which it is represented.
• Exploring the lives of significant individuals in the past (Queen Victoria).
10.30, 11.45, 13.15
£95 per session (free student admission)