This suite of pre and post-visit lesson ideas are an accompaniment to the Royal Tudor Christening Key Stage 1 school session at Hampton Court Palace.
The lessons aim to provide students with a more rounded experience and to enrich their overall visit to the palace. The pre-visit lesson ideas will specifically enable students to get the most from their session experience.
National Curriculum Links
- Significant historical events, people and places in their own locality.
- Use a wide vocabulary of everyday historical terms.
- Understand some of the ways in which we find out about the past and identify different ways in which it is represented.
- Participate in discussions, presentations, performances, role play, improvisations and debates.
• Drama and role play
- Ask relevant questions to extend their understanding and knowledge.
• Art and Design
- To use drawing painting and sculpture to develop and share their ideas, experiences and imagination.
• Imagine how a Royal Tudor christening was celebrated.
• Find out about different jobs at the Tudor court.
• Share thoughts and ideas about Hampton Court Palace and the Tudors.
Use these slides to complement the Royal Tudor Christening Lesson Ideas.