Format: Power Point Presentation
These slides complement the Royal Tudor Christening Key Stage 1 school session at Hampton Court Palace. The resources aim to provide students with a more rounded experience and to enrich their overall visit to the palace.
National Curriculum Links
- Significant historical events, people and places in their own locality; Understand some of the ways in which we find out about the past and identify different ways in which it is represented.
- Participate in discussions, presentations, performances, role play, improvisations and debates.
• Drama and role play
- Ask relevant questions to extend understanding and knowledge.
• Art and Design
- Use drawing, painting and sculpture to develop and share ideas, experiences and imagination.
• Identify and understand the similarities and differences between Tudor and modern-day.
• Understand that Tudor society had a strict hierarchy.
• Share thoughts and ideas about Hampton Court Palace and the Tudors.
Imagine how a royal Tudor christening was celebrated.