This suite of pre and post-visit lesson ideas are an accompaniment to the Inventors and Innovation Key Stage 2 school session at Hampton Court Palace. The lessons aim to provide students with a more rounded experience and to enrich their overall visit to the palace.
National Curriculum Links
- Develop a chronologically secure knowledge and understanding of British history.
- Construct informed responses using relevant historical information.
- Participate in discussions, debates and role play.
- Use spoken language to develop understanding through speculating, hypothesising, imagining and exploring ideas.
• Design and Technology
- Understand how key events and individuals in design and technology have helped shape the world.
• Understand that innovation is a continuum over time, with knowledge and discovery passed from the past to the present.
• Analyse how inventors and innovators generate, hone and implement their ideas.
This chronology shows how history unfolded at Hampton Court Palace.
Find out who's who at Hampton Court Palace.