This suite of pre and post-visit lesson ideas are an accompaniment to the Monarchs Through the Ages Key Stage 2 school session at Hampton Court Palace. The lessons aim to provide students with a more rounded experience and to enrich their overall visit to the palace.
National Curriculum Links
- Develop a chronologically secure knowledge and understanding of British history.
- Construct informed responses using relevant historical information.
- Participate in discussions, debates and role play.
- Participate in the artistic practice of drama.
- Adopt, create and sustain a range of roles, responding appropriate to others in role.
• Share thoughts and ideas about Hampton Court Palace and the monarchs who have lived there.
• Recount and depict the stories and characters at Hampton Court through the ages.
• Imagine yourself in the shoes of somebody from the past.
Find out who's who at Hampton Court Palace.
Go back in time to the Tudor Kitchens. But avoid being caught as an imposter!