This suite of pre and post-visit lesson ideas are an accompaniment to the Opening Up the World Key Stage 2 school session at Hampton Court Palace. The lessons aim to provide students with a more rounded experience and to enrich their overall visit to the palace.
National Curriculum Links
- Construct informed responses using relevant historical information.
- Understand historical concepts and use them to make connections and draw contrasts.
- Describe and understand key aspects of physical and human geography.
- Participate in discussions, debates and role play.
- Write in narratives, creating settings, character and plot.
• Art and Design
- Use drawing, painting and sculpture to develop and share ideas, experiences and imagination.
• Share thoughts and ideas about Hampton Court Palace its monarchs.
• Recount and depict Hampton Court Palace's stories and characters.
• Imagine yourself in the shoes of somebody from the past.
Find out who's who at Hampton Court Palace.
Contains a visual story, document and Widgit symbol sheet.