This suite of pre and post-visit lesson ideas are an accompaniment to the Playing the King Key Stage 2 school session at Hampton Court Palace. The lessons aim to provide students with a more rounded experience and to enrich their overall visit to the palace.
National Curriculum Links
- Significant historical events, people and places in their own locality.
- Understand how our knowledge of the past is constructed from a range of sources.
- Identify the lives of significant individuals in the past who have contributed to national and international achievements.
- Participate in discussions, debates and role play.
- Adopt, create and sustain a range of roles, responding appropriately to others in role.
• Use portraits as evidence for historical enquiry.
• Share thoughts and ideas about Hampton Court Palace and the monarchs who have lived there.
• Understand how portraits can be used to represent a person and include key messages.
• Imagine yourself in the shoes of somebody from the past.
Look at similarities and differences between Tudor and modern-day dress and objects.