This suite of pre and post-visit lesson ideas are an accompaniment to the Tudor Times Key Stage 1 school session. The lessons aim to provide students with a more rounded experience and to enrich their overall visit to the palace.
National Curriculum Links
- Significant historical events, people and places in their own locality.
- Participate in discussions, presentations, performances, role play, improvisations and debates.
• Art and Design
- To use drawing painting and sculpture to develop and share their ideas, experiences and imagination.
- Find out about the work of a range of artists.
• Identify and understand the similarities and differences between Tudor and modern-day.
• Understand that Tudor society had a strict hierarchy.
• Share thoughts and ideas about Hampton Court Palace and the Tudors.
Understand the similarities and differences between Tudor times and modern day.
Key facts about the King and each of his six wives.