This suite of pre and post-visit lesson ideas are an accompaniment to the Upstairs, Downstairs school session at Hampton Court Palace. The lessons aim to provide a rounded experience and enrich an overall visit to the palace.
National Curriculum Links
- Significant historical events, people and places in their own locality.
- Understand how our knowledge of the past is constructed from a range of sources.
- Identify the lives of significant individuals in the past who have contributed to national and international achievements.
- Participate in discussions, debates and role play.
- Adopt, create and sustain a range of roles, responding appropriately to others in role.
• Find out about different roles for servants in the Court of Henry VIII.
• Write a descriptive piece about life at Hampton Court in the past.
• Share thoughts and ideas about Hampton Court Palace and the monarchs who have lived there.
• Imagine yourself in the shoes of somebody from the past.
Learn about the importance of hierarchy in Tudor times.
Contains a visual story, support notes and Widgit symbol sheet.