This suite of pre and post-visit lesson ideas are an accompaniment to the Young Henry school session at Hampton Court Palace.
The lessons aim to provide students with a more rounded experience and to enrich their overall visit to the palace. The pre-visit lesson ideas will specifically enable students to get the most from their session experience.
National Curriculum Links
- Significant historical events, people and places in their own locality.
- Understand how our knowledge of the past is constructed from a range of sources.
- Identify the lives of significant individuals in the past who have contributed to national and international achievements.
• Design a Tudor Royal palace.
• Understand the hierarchy in Henry VIII's court.
• Portray key historical events through drama.
Key facts about the King and each of his six wives.