About this learning resource
This chronology charts the key dates and the series of events relating to Tudor and later kitchens at Hampton Court Palace from 1526 to 1979.
This resource complements the Tudor kitchens revealed key stage 3 school session at Hampton Court Palace.
National Curriculum links
• The development of Church, state and society in Britain 1509-1745.
• Society, economy and culture across the period: for example, work and leisure in town and country.
• Students will understand the role of the kitchens to feed the Tudor Court.
• Students will analyse the relationship between exotic foods, wealth and social status.
• Students will create their own hypotheses for the advantages and disadvantages of being part of the Tudor Court.
• To investigate Tudor life at the Palace and discover who Henry VIII was.
- KS2 (age 7-11)
- KS3 (age 11-14)
- KS4 (age 15-16)
- For the classroom
- Hampton Court Palace
Hello school visitor - Welcome to Hampton Court Palace! Here's what you should know about this historic site ahead of your school visit. Come and take a look inside to get some helpful tips to have the best visit ever!