This suite of pre and post-visit lesson ideas are an accompaniment to the Monarchs Through the Ages Key Stage 2 school session at Hampton Court Palace. The lessons aim to provide students with a more rounded experience and to enrich their overall visit to the palace.
National Curriculum Links
- Develop a chronologically secure knowledge and understanding of British history.
- Construct informed responses using relevant historical information.
- Participate in discussions, debates and role play.
- Participate in the artistic practice of drama.
- Adopt, create and sustain a range of roles, responding appropriate to others in role.
• Share thoughts and ideas about Hampton Court Palace and the monarchs who have lived there.
• Recount and depict the stories and characters at Hampton Court through the ages.
• Imagine yourself in the shoes of somebody from the past.