This suite of pre and post-visit lesson ideas are an accompaniment to the Performance, Paintings and Propaganda school session at Hampton Court Palace. The lessons aim to provide students with a more rounded experience and to enrich their overall visit to the palace.
National Curriculum Links
- Understand the methods of historical enquiry.
- Develop a chronologically secure knowledge and understanding of British history.
- Understand how our knowledge of the past is constructed from a range of sources.
- Participate in discussions, debates and role play.
- Participate in the artistic practice of drama.
• Art and Design
- Produce creative work, exploring ideas and recording experiences.
- Know about great artists, craft makers and designers, and understand the historical and cultural development of their art forms.
• Use research and enquiry skills to find out about the past.
• Share thoughts and ideas about Hampton Court Palace and the monarchs who have lived there.
• Use drama to tell stories in history.