About this learning resource
Format: Power Point Presentation
Use this selection of short creative writing tasks and stimulus to encourage students to take the people, settings and stories from the history of the Mint at the Tower as inspiration for story planning, writing and revising.
Available as two presentations:
- Part 1 for planning and writing a story.
- Part 2 for revising a story.
National Curriculum links
• Key Stage 2 English and Literacy.
• Use the historical setting of the Mint and Tower of London to inspire creative writing.
• Practice creative writing tasks that may include planning and structuring a story, developing description and character studies.
- KS2 (age 7-11)
- For the classroom
- Tower of London
Children depict the imprisonment of Guy Fawkes in the Tower of London for his role in the Gunpowder Plot, 1605.
Key facts about the Tudor King and each of his six wives.