Updated 29 May. In line with government guidance, our palaces remain closed. We are working on detailed plans to safely re-open our sites, starting with our outdoor spaces. Thank you for your patience. Read our statement
Profiles of the key players relating to the religious crises and upheavals of the Tudor period from 1509 to 1603.
This resource supports the Key Stage 3 Henry to Mary: A Religious Rollercoaster school session at Hampton Court Palace.
National Curriculum Links
• The development of Church, state and society in Britain 1509-1745.
• The English Reformation and Counter Reformation (Henry VIII to Mary I).
• The Elizabethan religious settlement and conflict with Catholics.
• Students will investigate the chronology of Tudor religious turmoil.
• Students will see the impact this would have had on ordinary people through these events.