Key Stage 1 | Subject: History | Topic: Stuarts | Session Type: Route-based
Why did the Gunpowder Plot fail? Explore the story of Guy Fawkes' plot to blow up the Houses of Parliament – and visit the prison cells that housed his fellow conspirators.
Join one of King James' courtiers who will take place you to a number of sites within the Tower that hold particular relevance for the plot of 1605.
This session especially supports the development of historical enquiry skills and asking perceptive questions, by exploring differing representations of a key historical figure.
This session includes time spent exploring outdoor areas of the site - please encourage students to dress appropriately for the weather.
This session supports
• Extending chronological knowledge of significant events in British history beyond 1066.
• Development of historical enquiry skills
• Development of asking perceptive questions by exploring differing representations of a key historical figure.
• To learn key features of the Gunpowder Plot through questioning and participation
• To compare and contrast life today with life in the 1600’s
Monday to Friday (Autumn Term only)
10.30, 12.00, 13.30
Up to 35 students
£93 pounds plus admission