Key Stage 1 | Subject: History | Topics: Normans, Castles | Session Type: Route-based
Transport your students back in time with true tales from the Tower's colourful history.
In this session a costumed presenter will captivate pupils with true tales from the Tower's colourful history while exploring the different roles and functions in one of the oldest fortresses in Britain.
This session includes time spent exploring outdoor areas of the site - please encourage students to dress appropriately for the weather.
This session supports:
• Extending chronological knowledge of significant events in British history beyond 1066.
• Development of historical enquiry skills.
• Development of speaking and listening skills through storytelling representations of a key historical figure.
• Using architecture and stories as historical sources, pupils will explore key concepts of significance, continuity and change to further their understanding of the past.
• To learn about the Tower’s role as a palace and fortress.
• To compare and contrast life today with life in the Medieval period.
Monday to Friday
10.30, 12.00, 13.30
Up to 35 students
£93 pounds plus admission