Please note that occasionally the Orangery closes early or completely for functions. These closure dates are always advertised in advance, on our website here. Please check in advance before you travel.
Health and safety advice
We want your visit to be safe and enjoyable. We hope you have a day to remember for all the right reasons, so below are a few points to bear in mind when you visit one of our palaces.
• Our palaces are very old and have many uneven surfaces, for example cobbles, worn steps, uneven steps and slopes. Please choose footwear that is comfortable and appropriate for the conditions.
• Some surfaces may be slippery, particularly if they are wet from rain.
• Light levels can be low in some places, so please allow sufficient time for your eyes to adjust, particularly when using stairs.
• In some of our gardens we have steep slopes and drops from height, so please be aware of these, especially if you have children with you.
• Where water features are present, please ensure children are supervised at all times.
• Look out for our safety signs and follow the advice given to avoid spoiling your day.