All internal buildings close 30 minutes
after the last admission.
The Tower is closed 24-26 December
(inclusive) and 1 January
We recommend visitors allow at least 2-3 hours
to see everything.
At busy times, queues are likely to form within the Tower. If visiting during school holidays or in the summer, please allow more time to fully explore the Tower.
The last Yeoman Warder tour starts at 14.30
The Chapel Royal of St. Peter ad Vincula
is a working community chapel and can sometimes close during opening hours. It is used for Sunday services and occasional weekend ceremonies. If there is an evening service or event the chapel will close after the last Yeoman Warder tour.
If you are visiting specifically to see the Chapel, we recommend that you check before purchasing tickets.
Tickets are available on line, in person on the day or by calling: 0844 482 7799.
Health and safety advice
We want your visit to be safe and enjoyable. We hope you have a day to remember for all the right reasons, so below are a few points to bear in mind when you visit one of our palaces.
• Our palaces are very old and have many uneven surfaces, for example cobbles, worn steps, uneven steps and slopes. Please choose footwear that is comfortable and appropriate for the conditions.
• Some surfaces may be slippery, particularly if they are wet from rain.
• Light levels can be low in some places, so please allow sufficient time for your eyes to adjust, particularly when using stairs.
• In some of our gardens we have steep slopes and drops from height, so please be aware of these, especially if you have children with you.
• Where water features are present, please ensure children are supervised at all times.
• Look out for our safety signs and follow the advice given to avoid spoiling your day.