|1 November 2015 – 28 February 2016 (winter)|
|Shop and Orangery||10.00-17.00|
Exiting the Palace
Please note that the Palace closes at 16.00 (during the winter months) or 17.00 (during the summer months). During the winter months the park closes at dusk, and the only exit from the Palace at this time will be via a turnstile at Orme Square Gate which is on the north side of the park leading onto Bayswater Road. We strongly recommend that our visitors use this road after dark as it is well lit and the park will be closed. From Bayswater Road, you may continue your journey by bus or by tube from the nearby Underground stations: Notting Hill Gate or Queensway - for further details please check our travel advice for visiting Kensington Palace. There is no access to Kensington High Street through the park after dusk so please plan accordingly.
The Fashion Rules exhibition will be closed from 4 January 2016 until 11 February 2016.
Please note that occasionally the Orangery closes early or completely for functions. These closure dates are always advertised in advance so please check before you travel.
Health and safety advice
We want your visit to be safe and enjoyable. We hope you have a day to remember for all the right reasons, so below are a few points to bear in mind when you visit one of our palaces.
- Our palaces are very old and have many uneven surfaces, for example cobbles, worn steps, uneven steps and slopes. Please choose footwear that is comfortable and appropriate for the conditions.
- Some surfaces may be slippery, particularly if they are wet from rain.
- Light levels can be low in some places, so please allow sufficient time for your eyes to adjust, particularly when using stairs.
- In some of our gardens we have steep slopes and drops from height, so please be aware of these, especially if you have children with you.
- Where water features are present, please ensure children are supervised at all times.
- Look out for our safety signs and follow the advice given to avoid spoiling your day.