Hampton Court Palace shops
Summer (April through September) 10.00 - 17.45
Winter (October through March) 10.00 - 16.15
Once home to soldiers of note and their horses, the Palace shop offers an array of gifts and books representing many themes from palace living including tapestries, cookery and pastimes. It also stocks an extensive range of children’s gifts as well as guidebooks and postcards.
Its convenient location at the main entrance of the palace means that visitors can shop here without having a palace ticket.
(This shop remains open until 18.15 in summer and 16.45 in winter)
Set in one of the oldest parts of the palace, the Henry shop has entrances under the astronomical clock and in Anne Boleyn’s archway. In Tudor times the room made up part of the undercroft to the Kings bedroom and would have been witness to some of the love, sadness, passion and betrayal that took place during the reign of Henry VIII.
Discover an array of Tudor-inspired and Henry-related gifts for all ages including books, tankards, full size replica armour, and of course, cuddly Henry bear.
Set on the edge of the East Front of the palace; the view from the windows will transport you back to the elegant age of the baroque.
Inspired by its spectacular surroundings, the Garden shop is stocked with a huge range of garden-themed gifts and horticultural books. It is also where you can enter the palace’s interactive Gardens Exhibition.
Tudor Kitchens shop
Next to Henry VIII’s wine cellar, enjoy an atmospheric shopping experience with English wine, traditional ales and delicious food. Our historical recipe book will help you create a tempting Tudor treat at home!
High-quality shopping in centuries-old surroundings
Visit our other palace shops:
Reclaim the UK Value Added Tax (VAT) you pay on your purchases if you’re visiting from outside the EU.
As an overseas visitor you are entitled to claim back the tax (VAT) you pay on any purchases you make at a Historic Royal Palaces shop. To qualify for the refund there is a minimum spend of £50.00. Global Blue, the world’s leading tax refund company, gives you an easy and safe way to do this.
Obtain your refund in three easy steps:
1. Ask for a form while shopping at a Historic Royal Palaces shop
While you’re shopping ask any member of the Historic Royal Palaces retail team for a ‘Global Blue’ claim form. They’ll be happy to advise you.
2. Have your refund form stamped by EU Customs officials
Show your purchases, receipts and passport to Customs officials as you leave the European Union and have your Global Blue form stamped. Customs officials are well informed of the Global Blue system.
3. Claim your refund, there are several ways:
- Cash refund: Global Blue offices in London (Knightsbridge, Regent Street, Oxford Street), Edinburgh and U.K. airports can provide you with immediate cash refunds.
- Direct crediting of chosen credit card or UK bank account.
- Bank cheque sent to a chosen address.
- The VAT rate in the UK is 20%.
- Minimum purchase in Historic Royal Palaces shops to qualify for a refund is £50.00.
- Your refund amount is the VAT less an administration fee. A small administration fee will be deducted from your refund.
- Your Global Blue form must be stamped by Customs officials at departure from the EU within three months from the end of the month in which you purchased your goods.
Find the shops
Download the map below to see where the shops are around the palace.
Some files are provided in PDF format - you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view these files.