|01 November - 28 February (winter)|
|Tuesday - Saturday||09.00 - 1630|
|Sunday - Monday||10.00 - 16.30|
|01 March - 31 October (summer)|
|Tuesday - Saturday||09.00 - 17.30|
|Sunday - Monday||10.00 - 17.30|
- All internal buildings close 30 minutes after the last admission.
- The Tower is only closed on 24-26 December (inclusive) and 1 January.
- The last Yeoman Warder tour starts at 14.30 (winter), 15.30 (summer).
We recommend visitors allow at least 3 hours to see everything. The Tower becomes very busy during school holidays, including half terms.
During the summer holidays from early July onwards, we expect to be extremely busy. We strongly advise arriving as early as possible.
Please allow extra time during these periods, where queues will form for many parts of the Tower, particularly the Crown Jewels and the ticketing areas. Do try to get here early.
The last Yeoman Warder tour starts at 14.30 (winter), 15.30 (summer). If you require more information on any of the announcements listed or want advice on planning a visit, please contact us directly in the Visitor Services department.
Health and safety advice
- Our palaces are very old and have many uneven surfaces, for example cobbles, worn steps, uneven steps and slopes. Please choose footwear that is comfortable and appropriate for the conditions.
- Some surfaces may be slippery, particularly if they are wet from rain.
- Light levels can be low in some places, so please allow sufficient time for your eyes to adjust, particularly when using stairs.
- In some of our gardens we have steep slopes and drops from height, so please be aware of these, especially if you have children with you.
- Where water features are present, please ensure children are supervised at all times.
- Look out for our safety signs and follow the advice given to avoid spoiling your day.
Some files are provided in PDF format - you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view these files.