About this session
GCSE | Subject: History | Topics: Elizabethans, Tudors | Session Type: Depth study
Students will examine the palace and documentary evidence in order to reflect on how Hampton Court Palace can be used to support their understanding of the reign of Queen Elizabeth I.
Your workshop includes the following:
- A welcome talk from a Hampton Court expert to enable your students to contextualise their visit.
- A facilitated, interactive tour to actively engage your students with the theme of their visit.
- Student-centred resources designed to be used on-site and back in the classroom.
- Free time to explore the palace either before or after the session.
Exam board links:
This session has been designed to complement the study of Elizabeth I’s reign, and particularly the following exam boards:
- AQA Paper 2: Shaping the Nation, Section B: Elizabethan England, c1568-1603.
- Edexcel Paper 2: Period study and British depth study B4: Early Elizabethan England, 1558-88.
- OCR B Component group 1 British Depth study The Elizabethans, 1558-1603.
- Eduqas Component 1: British study in depth 1B. The Elizabethan Age, 1558-1603.
- WJEC Unit 1: Studies in Depth - Wales and the wider perspective 1A. The Elizabethan Age, 1558-1603.