Our sustainability strategy sets out our commitment to make a positive impact through our environmental sustainability performance. It covers several key themes where we can make the biggest difference to the environment and our customers.
• reducing our overall energy consumption
• considering the use of energy-efficient resources including renewable energy systems
• maximising reuse and recycling in all of our waste streams
• reducing carbon dioxide (CO2) and other harmful emissions
• reducing our water consumption
• maintaining the HRP grounds and buildings in an environmentally sensitive way
• embedding good sustainable procurement practice
We are committed to publishing our performance and we do this within our Annual Report and accounts.
Read our sustainability report to find detailed information on our sustainability performance in 2017/2018.Sustainability report 2017/2018
Historic Royal Palaces restored and re-commissioned the Hydro House at Hillsborough Castle and Gardens in 2017 as part of conservation work, installing a hydro generator which powers the visitor centre.