Travel information for your visit to the Tower of London
Tower of London
Plan Your Journey
Please visit the TfL website for up to date travel information to ensure a smooth journey to the Tower of London.
Where possible, we aim to give notice of local events that may disrupt your travel to the Tower of London.
- Tower Hill station: District and Circle Lines (5 minute walk). Tower Hill may become extremely busy during rush hour periods.
- Alternative stations include Aldgate, Aldgate East, Tower Gateway, Monument and London Bridge stations, which are a short walk away from the Tower.
- Please visit the TfL website for more information and to plan your journey.
- Nearest stations: Fenchurch Street (5 minute walk) or London Bridge (15 minute walk)
- Bus routes: 15, 42, 78, 100, RV1.
- The Tower is also served by all major sightseeing bus tours.
- Nearest stop: Tower Gateway. (5 minute walk)
- Nearest river access point: Tower Pier.
- Tower Hill is a vehicle free zone and there is no on-site parking facility.
- Parking in the surrounding area is limited as the Tower is in the Congestion Charging Zone.
- Bicycle racks can be found at:
- Sargeant's Mess restaurant (on the Wharf)
- Behind the Tower of London shop
- Please remember that cycling is not permitted in the pedestrianised areas of the Wharf and Tower Hill.
- Bicycles attached to railings in the Wharf may be removed without notice.
Explore deeper with the Tower of London audio guide tour. Discover extra information about the Tower's history, plan your day and find out more about our cafés and shops.
Discover elegant State Rooms still used by the royal family on a guided tour of Hillsborough Castle.
One tour per hour, starting on the hour (first tour: 10:00, final tour: 15:00)
Included in castle tours (members go free)
Dare you visit the Tower at night and take one of our Twilight Tours? Discover secrets of the Tower's history with after-hours access.
Selected Sundays in February-April
Separate ticket (advanced booking required)
Our exclusive premium decoration of the White Tower, the centre of the Tower of London. Built on the orders of William the Conqueror, the White Tower has now stood for almost 1000 years.
Featuring our unique and exclusive design, our Tower of London raven navy sweatshirt will keep you warm on chilly days.
Featuring our iconic raven design, our baseball cap would make a wonderful memento from your trip to the world famous Tower of London.