A bespoke experience, tailored to your interests
For a truly memorable visit to Hampton Court Palace, book one of our friendly and knowledgeable guides for a private tour.
A bespoke guided tour can be tailored to your historical interests. Our guides can share fascinating stories and reveal scandalous secrets of Tudor, Georgian or grace and favour residents.
Starting from £132, private guided tours are the perfect way to make the most of your visit or celebrate a special occasion.
Guided tours can cover the highlights of the palace’s history, illuminating its changing status from the home of Henry VIII in the 16th century, to the home of grace and favour residents. Alternatively, tours can take you on special thematic routes such as:
- Ghost stories and salacious secrets
- Origins of the Baroque palace
- Family friendly tours
Guided tours are available during palace opening times. To book a tour, please find the booking form below on this page.
Private guided tours require advance booking and are not included in palace admission. A separate palace admission ticket is also required.
Palace admission is free for Historic Royal Palaces Members.
Separate ticketBuy Hampton Court Palace tickets
"My favourite thing about guiding is the look of awe and enthusiasm on guests faces when you tell them a funny story or some fascinating facts about Hampton Court Palace."
Sheila, tour guide
"One of the joys of giving guided tours at Hampton Court is the luxury of going into greater detail about some of the lesser known aspects of the palace’s vibrant and varied history."
David, tour guide
- We require a minimum of 3 weeks’ notice to arrange a guided tour as our guides are not on site every day.
- Guided tours can be delivered in English, French, German, Hungarian, Russian, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese and BSL, subject to the availability of the required language speaker.
- Palace admission tickets are required in addition to your guided tour booking. Palace admission is free for Historic Royal Palaces Members.
- When booking admission tickets, please select a timeslot that will allow sufficient time for your guided tour. The last timeslot of the day, 14.30, is only suitable for a 90 minute tour.