Booking information, admission rates, what's included, term dates and useful resources
Plan and book your school visit
First, choose a self-led visit or add a session, then scroll down to book your school visit.
- Hampton Court Palace admission, including all visitor routes open on the date.
- Access to all garden areas open on the day of your visit, including the Maze.
- Pre-visit email including two teacher planning passes.
- Lunchrooms (subject to availability) for key stages 1-4.
- Self-led activity trails for key stages 1-3.
What's not included:
- Sessions (can be booked at an additional cost).
Add a session (additional cost)
Our curriculum-based sessions are led by expert presenters who bring the history of the palace to life through lively, interactive learning opportunities.
We offer a selection of sessions for UK schools linked to a range of subjects for all key stages, including SEND.
See our session pages for prices and capacities.choose a session
Schools Only Tuesdays
Join us for our new schools only days on select dates throughout the year.
Tuesday 12 December
Tuesday 27 February
Tuesday 19 March
Dates for the spring and summer term are not yet available. Please check this page for updates.
This is a fantastic opportunity for schools to explore the Tudor parts of the palace and all the gardens whilst the site is closed to other visitors. Schools will have access to the Tudor Apartments, Tudor Kitchens, all courtyards, the gardens (including the maze), a gift shop, audio guides and an allocated lunchroom (subject to availability). Plus, all our education sessions will be available to book.
We anticipate that the Magic Garden and all other visitor routes in the palace will be closed.
Important information for your booking
Autumn 2023 - Summer 2024
Under 5s/EYFS: Free
Age 5-15 (KS 1-4): £4.10
Age 16+ (KS 5+): £4.10
International students - Including activity trail
Under 5s: Free
Age 5-15: £6.10
Age 16+: £7.70
Teachers and adults
Up to agreed ratios: Free
Adults for 1:1 assistance: Free
Additional adults: £24.20
Visits available Wednesday - Friday during UK term time. Our term dates reflect those of the local authority, Surrey County Council.
7 September – 20 October
1 November - 15 December
3 January – 9 February
21 February - 28 March
17 April – 24 May
5 June - 19 July
Please note that there will be no school visits available on the 29th or 30th November 2023.
Subsidised rates are not available during UK school or bank holidays.
Early Year Foundation Stage = 1:4 (free adult spaces up to 1:2)
Key stage 1 (age 4-7) = 1:5
Key stages 2, 3 and 4 (age 7-15) = 1:10
Key stage 5 and up (age 16+) = 1:15
SEND groups can determine their own ratios.
Groups with an inadequate number of accompanying adults may not be admitted.
We ask classes to break up into smaller, supervised groups whilst on site.
Book your school visit
Complete the booking request form and submit it. All bookings at the reduced education rate must be made in advance, we recommend booking at least two months in advance as dates do sell out quickly. Payment is due six weeks before visiting. If you have any questions, wish to check availability or amend a booking request form you have already submitted please contact the schools team via email at [email protected].
Payment and terms of booking
After receiving your booking request, we will email you a confirmation and invoice which must be paid in advance of your visit and according to our payment terms.
- Your invoice will be attached to your confirmation email. Payment details can be found on your invoice.
- Our preferred method of payment is by BACS. When making payment please ensure you quote your account number and your school/company name. If possible, send us remittance advice.
- Payment is due six weeks prior to visiting.
- Bookings with less than six weeks' notice require immediate payment. The cancellation and amendment deadline is 17:00 on the day after the booking is confirmed.
- We regret that no refunds can be given for cancellations or amendments made less than six weeks in advance of your visit. This includes non-arrivals on the day.