Booking information, admission rates, what's included, term dates and useful resources
plan your visit
School visits include:
- Palace admission including all visitor routes open on the date.
- Pre-visit email including two teacher planning passes.
- Dedicated lunchroom for groups with pre-booked sessions.
Important information for your booking
Autumn 2023 – Summer 2024
Under 5s/EYFS: Free
Age 5-15 (KS 1-4): £4.10
Age 16+ (KS 5+): £4.10
Teachers and adults
Up to agreed ratios: Free
Adults for 1:1 assistance: Free
Additional adults: £18.40
Subsidised rates are available Wednesday - Friday during UK term time only, not school or bank holidays.
Visits available Wednesday - Friday during UK term time.
19 April – 21 July
6 September – 20 October
13 December – 21 December
13 September – 20 October
10 January – 28 March
10 January – 28 March
17 April – 24 July
17 April – 19 July
All school visits must be paid for in advance.
There will be no school visits available at Kensington Palace between 23 October – 12 December.
Key stage 1 (age 4-7) = 1:5
Key stages 2, 3 and 4 (age 7-15) = 1:10
Key stage 5 and up (age 16+) = 1:15
SEND groups can determine their own ratios
Groups with an inadequate number of accompanying adults may not be admitted.
We ask classes to break up into smaller, supervised groups with a maximum of 10 students whilst inside the palace spaces.
Book your school visit
Complete the booking request form and submit it. All school group admissions must be booked in advance, we recommend booking at least two months in advance as dates do sell out quickly. Payment is due six weeks before visiting. If you have any questions, wish to check availability or amend a booking request form you have already submitted please contact the schools team via email at [email protected].
School Visit Booking request Form
Complete the form below to request a school visit to Kensington Palace.School Visit Booking Request Form
Payment and terms of booking
After receiving your booking request, we will email you a confirmation and invoice which must be paid in advance of your visit and according to our payment terms.
- Your invoice will be attached to your confirmation email. Payment details can be found on your invoice.
- Our preferred method of payment is by BACS. When making payment please ensure you quote your account number and your school/company name. If possible, send us remittance advice.
- Payment is due six weeks prior to visiting. Extra tickets must be purchased on the day at standard group rates.
- Bookings with less than six weeks' notice require immediate payment. The cancellation and amendment deadline is 17:00 on the day after the booking is confirmed.
- We regret that no refunds can be given for cancellations or amendments made less than six weeks in advance of your visit. This includes non-arrivals on the day.