Welcome to our palaces
Visiting our palaces
For the safety, health and comfort of our visitors, staff and volunteers, we continue to follow the latest government guidelines.
We ask visitors to consider wearing a face covering in our indoor spaces, shops and crowded places unless exempt.
Visitors should continue to maintain a respectful distance from staff and other visitors not in their group. Please continue to show courtesy and consideration for staff and other people visiting the Palaces.
We will continue to maintain hand washing facilities and provide hand sanitiser. We also advise you to bring your own. We will also continue with our thorough cleaning regimes, including high frequency touch points.
We hope that our visitors and members will support our position and help us to keep them and our staff as safe as possible at this time.
Health and safety charter - what to expect from us
Planning your visit
- To guarantee entry, we advise you to pre-book tickets in advance (timed entry slots during school holidays) but we also welcome walk-ups. Members can book by logging in to the Member portal or show their membership card on arrival at a palace.
- We use non-contact print at home or mobile tickets so please make sure you have your ticket or ticket reference with you when you visit.
- For all visitors age 11 or over, we ask visitors to consider wearing a face covering in our indoor spaces, shops and crowded places unless exempt.
- Please only visit if you are feeling well. If you are unable to visit due to illness or government-imposed travel restrictions, you may be able to amend your tickets (subject to availability) by contacting our Customer Service team. Please do not book new tickets before contacting us, as your original tickets will not be eligible for a refund.
A royal welcome on arrival
- Our fully trained team are ready and waiting to give you a royal welcome.
- In line with the latest government guidelines, We ask visitors to consider wearing a face covering in our indoor spaces, shops and crowded places unless exempt.
- We ask all visitors to continue to maintain a respectful distance from staff and other visitors not in their group where possible. Please continue to show courtesy and consideration for staff and other people visiting the Palaces.
- Maps, trails and audio/digital guides will be available for self-guided routes and some guided tours will be available.
5 star service within the palace walls
- Our excellent team will be on-hand to help you with any enquiry.
- You can expect hygiene standards fit for a King or Queen to continue with thorough cleaning regimes in place as well as hand washing and hand sanitation facilities available throughout.
- There may be one way routes in some palaces to ensure a safe and comfortable experience. Some palaces may also have restricted access in place – please check the website for more details.
- We accept card and cash payments
- You can expect a warm, welcoming and safe experience while you’re with us.
We follow government and industry guidelines for social distancing and cleanliness and have completed a risk assessment.
Need further help? More information on visiting safely can be found in our Visitor FAQs for each of our palaces: