about this trail
EYFS | Subject: Past and Present, Gross Motor Skills, Speaking| Topic: Tudors, Outdoors, Kitchens | Session Type: Self-led trail
This sensory trail gives children a new way to explore Hampton Court Palace. By following three different routes children can explore how food makes its way from the kitchen garden, through the kitchens and to the king’s plate!
Through the trail routes children will explore the key sights at the palace and to discover its secrets and stories.
The activity trail includes facts about Hampton Court's history, as well as a variety of teacher-led activities to help children make the most of their visit.
- Play and explore the palace both inside and out.
- Think critically about the things they see, hear and feel.
- Immerse themselves in an historic environment.
EYFS Framework Links
This session supports:
ELG: Past and present
- Understand the past through settings.
- Know similarities and differences between things in the past and now, drawing on their own experience.
ELG: Gross motor skills
- Negotiate space and obstacles safely, with consideration for themselves and others.
- Participate in discussions offering their own ideas, using recently introduced vocabulary.
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday (during term time).
Schools only Tuesdays
Tuesday 12 December
Tuesday 27 February
Tuesday 19 March
Staff members and supporting adults will each receive a copy of the trail booklet to lead their groups around the palace.
Free for Under 5s, £4.10 per pupil for over 5s, price includes admission.