about this trail
KS2 | Subjects: English, History, Geography | Topic: Tudors | Session Type: Self-led trail
This activity trail gives children a new way to explore Hampton Court Palace.
Children will use the activity trail to explore the key sights at the palace and to discover its secrets and stories.
The activity trail includes facts about Hampton Court Palace's history, as well as a variety of challenges to help children make the most of their visit.
Hard copies of the student trail maps will be available on arrival.
- Develop skills of historical enquiry using Hampton Court Palace as source material.
- Construct informed responses to historical information.
- Use historical terminology appropriately.
National Curriculum Links
This session supports:
- Selecting and organising relevant historical information.
- Understanding how a site can reflect aspects of national history.
- Use simple fieldwork and observational skills.
- Consider and evaluate different viewpoints, attending to and building on the contributions of others.
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday (during term time).
Schools only Tuesdays
Tuesday 12 December
Tuesday 27 February
Tuesday 19 March
You will receive one activity trail per student and we advise that students work in groups of ten with a supervising adult.
£4.10 per pupil, price includes admission