Cross-Curricular Learning for Primary Schools
In partnership with Arts Award
The session provides teachers with the opportunity to explore Hampton Court Palace looking at the diverse art forms on display there. Discussions will consider how to link these to a range of areas of the KS1 and KS2 curriculum, and how to use this to achieve an Arts Award.
The session will also include a group ideas-sharing workshop with feedback and discussion around: how to plan and prepare for a visit to a heritage site; how to build on the visit back in the classroom; and criteria, expectations and evidence-gathering relating to Arts Award.
For those teachers unfamiliar with Arts Award, the session also provides an overview of the awards and support offer and how it links to other programmes such as Artsmark to add value to your school.
• Learn how to access arts within a heritage setting
• Experience a visit to a leading heritage site and discover how to make the most of it for your pupils
• Receive practical tools, advice and inspiration for planning and leading self-guided visits
• Find out how to integrate a visit into Arts Award evidencing
• Enjoy the opportunity to network with colleagues
• Join the Historic Royal Palaces Teacher Network
Where and When
Hampton Court Palace
Thursday 28 March 2019, 14.00-17.30
Free for primary school teachers.
Please note that we accept up to three attendees from the same school.
Complete the form and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org