Did life really change that much under the Normans? This set of infographics shows both the military and domestic impact of the Normans on England in 1066 and beyond.
National Curriculum links
• KS3: The development of Church, state and society in Medieval Britain 1066-1509.
• KS4: AQA Paper 2: Shaping the Nation, Section B: The Normans c1066 - c1100.
- OCR B: Component Group 1: Depth Study - The Norman Conquest, 1065-1087.
- Edexcel: Paper 2: Period study and British depth study - Anglo-Saxon and Norman England, c1060–88.
• Students will be able to make comparisons and contrasts between Anglo-Saxon and Norman England.
• Students will explore the legacy of invasion and the nature of society in the early Anglo-Norman period.