about this session
Key stage 1 | Subject: History, English | Topics: Tudors | Session type: Classroom-based
Find out what life was like at the Tudor court.
This fun and interactive session gives children the opportunity to find out about life at Tudor court, and to make comparisons with their own lives. Children are introduced to simple primary source material and everyday historical terms in this hands-on session.
The session focuses on handling replica objects, finding out about Tudor clothes and learning a Tudor dance popular with Henry VIII.
- Investigate different aspects of Tudor life.
- Compare and contrast Tudor life with the present day.
- Explore materials used in Tudor times.
National Curriculum links
This session supports:
- Developing an awareness of the past, using common words and phrases relating to the passing of time.
- Identifying similarities and differences between ways of life in different periods.
- Asking relevant questions to extend their understanding and knowledge.